Monday, February 16, 2004

 
The final reflection on today's show...

Well... I love Harry and the Potters. I thought that the idea of an indiepop band doing nothing but songs about Harry Potter was something too good to be true. Their album sounds like a possible soundtrack to a (good) rock musical about the first four Harry Potter books. I didn't play every single track today, but I went through most of them and spanned all of the first four books. If you want to find out more, go to http://www.eskimolabs.com/hp.

And perhaps you're wondering, "Only two president-related songs, one of which was really about a van known as 'The President'?" Well, there weren't a lot of good president songs I could think of for Presidents' Day. And I didn't really want to have too much of a presidential theme, anyway.

The show is not attracting new listeners. It's either because people were scared away by the two weeks of noise, or they don't understand that they MUST come to this site in order to achieve full enjoyment of the site. Or maybe I just have a bunch of lurkers now.

But I did like how there were a bunch of comments (mostly from me and one listener, but still a bunch) underneath the playlist thread. I like having that sort of public interaction about the show on the Internet, and it's easier to set up the blog comments section than a chat room.

I don't know how soon it'll be before I speak on the air during the show, but I will probably be on Cassettefest this Wednesday. Jasmine probably won't let me disassociate myself from it, and I still think it might be fun to do. Hopefully, there will be more entries that don't suck. I have an idea of a good entry of my own to make, and I hope that I'll be able to put it into being.

When I got back to my place, the UPS truck was there, and it had brought a package with a couple of J-pop CDs I ordered. One was the latest Puffy AmiYumi CD (yes, WRUW has been playing it forever... we just never got it for some reason), and the other was a compilation of different J-pop songs. So, I'll be playing some J-pop next week. If the Harry and the Potters stuff pissed people off this week, I'll be getting death threats on here for next week's show.

But damn it, I did it my way!

Japan has the best corporate pop music, by the way.

Anyway, all that I have to say before finishing this thing is that you should come back at least once before the next show because I'll probably make another post, and I'm going to edit the links section. I'm going to add more links, and I think I might categorize them, too. So, watch for that.

And hopefully, I'll have a proper theme for the show in time for next week. I've meant to have some sort of theme to play at the beginning, but I haven't been able to make it. We'll see if I progress anytime soon.

That's it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?