Tuesday, March 09, 2004

 
debriefing pt. 2

I was really tired when I made that last post and eager to get some sleep (I had trouble sleeping the night before), so I forgot to say a few things.

First of all, let me remind you that I'll be on the air this Wednesday (tomorrow) night (and the Wednesday after that) from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. I'll probably say some things on the air. And I'll play "Disco Dancer" again, and you'll be able to hear Lil Pocket Knife use the word "motherfucker" in that song. REPRESENTING MOTHERFUCKING HALFLING RACE!

I've decided to stay silent on Monday mornings for one more week. I kind of dread speaking on the air again because it'll take time away from whatever music I have to play.

Sorry about the bad TOC joke in the last post, but I liked it because it kind of sounds like something that Strong Bad would say whenever he reads a poster's name in his e-mails.

I played more Homestar Runner/Strong Bad stuff. "Sensitive to Bees" is a really cute song.

If anyone from Asaurus Records is looking at this, I'd just like to tell you that Pants Yell! is a great band, but they should let Carly sing some more. She has a pretty good voice.

Oh, and I forget if I've mentioned that the deadline for Cassettefest has been extended. You have until Wednesday of next week to get stuff in. The address to send stuff to is:

WCSB Cassettefest 2004
2121 Euclid Avenue
Rhodes Tower 956
Cleveland, OH 44115

The best and worst get put onto a 2-CD set (hopefully, we'll have enough best and worst for that), and it looks like we're going to have a Cassettefest-fest in the summer at Pats in the Flats that the best/worst will be invited to play. Jasmine already has it booked, but I can't remember the date.

Is anyone going to listen Wednesday night? If someone is going to listen, I might post the playlist here.

Finally, I'd like to say it's funny that I got a noise complaint in the comments thread. I don't think I played anything especially noisy in the beginning. The Smashing Pumpkins song was too overproduced to be grating, but I guess the Sonic Youth song might have been a little too rough. That's not one of their noisiest songs, though.

Well, if you listened to the first two weeks I was in this time slot, you know I can get REALLY noisy if I want to. ^_^

And now, I'm going to write my review of the concert on Friday night...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?