Sunday, March 28, 2004

 
haiku music reviews!

I was just using Google to see if I could actually buy a Pancakes full-length CD, and Darla has one in their catalog. Yay!

But that's not the focus of this post.

While I was searching, I came across this link.

It's haiku music reviews of a bunch of records from the Temple University newspaper website. Here are the highlights:

All Girl Summer Fun Band "All Girl Summer Fun Band" (K)

If Hello Kitty
Decided to start a band,
It'd be this quartet.

Yeah, that's so true right there.

Heavenly "Heavenly Vs. Satan" (K)

With great bonus tracks,
This indie pop masterpiece
got even better.

The Pancakes "Flying in the Blue Sky On a Frying Pan" (Elefant)

Hong Kong woman sings
Insanely over two chords
This is twee as fuck!

I wish I could have a button to wear that says "Twee as fuck". It would go over better than the "Fuck Me I'm Twee" button that I got when the station got the last Tullycraft album.

I found this on another page, too:

Camera Obscura "Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi" (Andmoresound)

Belle, Sebastian,
and Camera Obscura
Like PB&J.

If that's true, then why do I like Camera Obscura, but not Belle & Sebastian?

I think those are the highlights. I guess they received an excess of CDs back in 2001, so they compensated by doing short haiku reviews of CDs over winter break. I think those were the only ones worth seeing.

And that Pancakes CD they reviewed is the one available on Darla.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?