Friday, March 05, 2004

 
On my way to the Volta Sound/Uva Ursi/Twilight show in a couple hours. Maybe I'll post a review after it's over.

Notice the new format links section to the right. I wanted to add links, and I thought it would work better if I divided them into categories. So, I've divided up the links and added some new stuff.

My apologies to those who listened to this past Wednesday's episode of Cassettefest. I don't know if I could find the proper words to describe how horrible it was. Holy fucking shit! I didn't think some Southern/Classic rock band would send a piece of shit like that to Cassettefest. And following it up right after that with that shitty Green Day/Blink 182-inspired pop-punk high school band, complete with fake English accent. That killed the show. And there wasn't anything really good in that episode to redeem it.

There's some better stuff coming up, though. Keep listening.

I guess I'll remind you right now that I'm going to be on late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning (11 p.m. to 2 a.m.) subbing for Count Lupone. Tune in if you're up that late. I'll get to pull out "No Shit Rocketship" by Kiddo and whatever else strikes my fancy.

And...

I think next week will be the last show where I'm going to remain totally silent. It was meant to be a temporary measure from the beginning, and I think it may be time for that little experiment to stop. Or maybe I'll do it for one more week after that. But since people aren't coming to the site to get educated about the show and understand what's going on, I'm going to have to go on the air and tell them soon.

I'm going to make that cart telling people that they have to come here to fully enjoy the show, so we'll see what happens after that.

But I should stop being concerned about trying to get people to pay attention to me. Every time I start to get frustrated, I need to look at this picture and remember the reason why I'm doing this. For the love of His Holiness Calvin Johnson! For the hugs from Tammy Ealom! For the cuteness! For the ability to burn all the cool new CDs! Can I hear you say "yeah"?!

For Calvin Johnson so loved the music world that he gave it his only begotten label, K Records, and released to us the indie pop that makes life worth living. Praise Calvin for the two All Girl Summer Fun Band full-lengths! Praise Calvin for Mirah! Praise Calvin for Beat Happening, the Halo Benders, and Dub Narcotic Sound System. The world is truly unworthy, but you brought it all into the world, anyway!

And praise Calvin for that sexy voice of his!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?