Thursday, April 01, 2004

 
The following post was an April Fool's Day Joke. Please disregard. Greg really is drumming for the Twilight now.

fuck!

I have just learned some appalling news.

Apparently, the story about Greg from Kiddo being the new drummer from the Twilight was an April Fool's joke.

I just received an e-mail from Pat of the Twilight, and at the bottom, he said "P.S. The drummer story was an April Fool's joke."

I'm very shocked and angered almost to tears.

I'm sorry, but maybe I really just can't take a joke.

I feel very betrayed. The Twilight deceived me into posting a false story that was intended solely to generate publicity for the band.

Well, fuck them!

I really believed in the Twilight. Of course, you know that before this false story about Greg surfaced, I was very impressed with them. I liked their songs. They were already my second favorite Cleveland band.

But now... I just don't think I can respect a band who would stoop so low as to deceive me into gaining publicity for them.

You had great music! The people at that show at Pat's I went to were really impressed. You didn't have to do this! You would have gained recognition for your art. You didn't need to deceptively use Greg's semi-celebrity status for those ends.

I also can't believe that Greg went along with it and let them take pictures of him to post on their site. I just don't understand why he'd let them use him like that.

I'm very angry right now. I'm thinking about never playing the Twilight again and removing all references and links to them from this site. That would take some time, though. I don't look forward to doing that at all.

So... I sincerely apologize to everyone for getting your hopes up. Had I known that this story was false, I would have never posted it, or I would have posted a comment saying "April Fool's!" or something like that under it.

Now, I don't look forward to telling Christian and Liz from Kiddo, Brandt, Candy, and everyone else at the show who I told about Greg drumming again. I don't think I've ever felt so humiliated in all my life.

Whatever. I need to go and sulk now. Fuck!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?