Friday, April 23, 2004

 
logo?!

So... Pat from the Twilight wants to redesign their website, and he wanted to have a logo to put in the places where it'll mention my show. So, he designed a Boogiepop Does Not Smile logo. And it's so incredibly fucking good!

I can't actually post the image in this entry, but you can go and see it. Just click here and you can see it. There's a little sort of joke in the logo that will take you a few seconds to get, but once you understand it, you'll see why it's so genius.

Thank you, Pat from the Twilight!

I never did post about Of Montreal. Of course, it was a great show. All but 2 songs were from the new album (the older songs were "Penelope" from Coquelicot and "Jennifer Louise" from Aldhils Arboretum). No covers this time, but that's okay. They did some funny skits in between songs. I think everyone who was there agreed that "Wind War" ruled. Two of the band members balanced themselves on one foot and used these feather dusters to try and generate enough wind to knock the other person over. All the while, they had this announcer in a foreign language (I don't know, maybe it was just gibberish) calling the action. It had the feeling of watching soccer in Spanish. You had to be there to really appreciate it, I guess. There was also a nice bit where Kevin put on a McDonald's hat and talked about the new "McPurge" diet.

Kevin's wife, Nina, is playing bass for them now. You might remember her from "A Pollinaire Rave".

I got one of the last bonus CDs they had. Of Montreal had this bonus CD that you can get with four cover songs. The covers are of the Shins, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, V Twin, and Broadcast. I don't like the Shins or Gorky's, I'd never heard of V Twin before, and I'm ambivalent about broadcast, but it's a nice CD. The Gorky's cover actually rules. We don't have the original at the station (the song is called "Spanish Dance Troupe", by the way), so I can't do a comparison. The Shins song is "Know Your Onion", and it pretty much sounds like what you'd think a straightforward cover of "Know Your Onion" would sound as done by Of Montreal. I haven't checked if we have the Broadcast song so I can compare those two, but I bet we do have it.

Again, I implore you to look at the new logo here. Post comments about it in the comments section. I'm sure that Pat or someone else from the Twilight will be looking (probably Hajime).

That's it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?