Monday, May 17, 2004

 
assholier than boogiepop

Something I didn't mention on the show today is that Chris is going to be out of town on Memorial Day. So, he asked me to fill in for Assholier Than Thou that day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do during the Assholier Than Thou slot. I wonder if I'll actually try to carry on an extended monologue or take calls.

Well, I didn't like how today's show turned out. I don't think I played enough new stuff, and I'm afraid that people may be thinking that I'm playing the same bands all the time. And I wish I had saved that set of summer songs for Memorial Day. I still have "Grass Skirt", though.

My review of the new Sloan album is on Mundane Sounds today. I give it a sort of bad to okay review. I wish I had three hours for my show. Then I could have played more of Sloan from when they were really good.

I don't think I'm going to be in town to see Sloan (or Black Cabbage). Oh well.

No one got Black Cabbage tickets. Only one person called in for the Frogs. And it took a while to get up to caller number 7 for the Sloan tickets. Ouch. Perhaps leaving the old slot was a mistake.

Anyone still like Home Movies. If you want some MP3s of stuff from that show, you can go to http://www.brendonsmall.com.

Kiddo was great (as usual) on Saturday night. They're going to finish the mixing of their new album today. I don't know how long it'll be before I get to play stuff from it. I can't wait, though. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I think I've run out of things to say. I'm going to go and work on next week's show so it'll be better than today's show.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?