Wednesday, May 26, 2004

 


My review of the new Magnetic Fields album is up on Mundane Sounds now.

If you didn't catch it in the comments link below, Kiddo was on WRUW on Monday at around 12:30 or so in the afternoon. The show they were on was called the Make Please Me Radio Hour. I've never heard of it before. Anyway, they were on for 15-20 minutes, talking a little bit about the recording session for their upcoming album and playing a few new tracks. The studio version of "The New Song" sounded really cool. It has bells (or xylophone?). They sound fucking incredible. Oh, and the echo on the voice of Liz when she screams out "1, 2!" and "3,4!" sounds really awesome, too.

As you may know, WRUW archives all their shows for one week, so you can still listen to it. (I'm fucking jealous of that, but not all of us at WCSB want to archive. I guess I can understand because if I violate an FCC regulation, people will be able to use that to get evidence.) So you don't have to go to WRUW's website and look for it, here's a direct link to the archive of that show. Remember, you will only be able to access the show with Kiddo until next Monday (that's May 31, 2004) afternoon.

I have it saved on the hard drive, but I'm not going to do anything with it on the air. I'll wait until I get a good quality copy and Kiddo says I can play it without pissing them off.

In other news, the Twilight sold out to Pabst Blue Ribbon. Look on page 73 of the Scene. That's okay. We still love you guys. ^_^

And that reminds me. The Color Bars are coming back to Cleveland. They're opening for Weird War (a.k.a. the Scene Creamers). That'll be a good show to see. For those of you who don't know Weird War/Scene Creamers is what Ian Svenonius and Michelle Mae from the Make Up have been doing since the end of the Make Up. They're not as good as the Make Up, but they're live show will be great. If you've seen Ian live or heard a live album with him on it, you'd know that it's a treat to hear him talk during the set. He's just eloquent as fuck. Yeah... eloquent as fuck.

I got a Gmail invite through blogger.com. So, if you look at the top right of the page, you'll see that there's an e-mail address there. I don't know. I kind of regret making that now. I should make a boogiepopwcsb AOL address because that would be more convenient for me. I don't know.

I still have been using the old sergiovan address because that's become my primary e-mail. So, you can still reach me there if you have something to say that you don't think you can say here.

Oh, and I just remembered that there's this band called Pants Yell! (I reviewed their album recently) that's thinking of coming to Cleveland. I've played them, but I don't think anyone notices that I've played them. I think Brandt from WRUW would like them if he heard them, and you might like them, too. Go to their website because I think they have MP3s you can hear. Anyway, if we can't get them a show at one of the big venues, could we do at Doubting Thomas? TOC, give me the contact information, please. They're thinking they might come on July 15th or the 16th.

By the way, I haven't heard anything from Harry and the Potters since the last time I mentioned them on here.

And I still haven't finalized what I'm doing on Monday from 7 to 11. I don't know. I'm not sure if I have anything to talk about. La la la.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?