Monday, May 10, 2004

 
preshow

Sorry, I did want to post sooner, but I didn't. I've been busy with end-of-semester stuff in the past week, and in my spare moments, I've felt like just doing unproductive things instead of posting here.

My review of the new eX-Girl album was posted on Mundane Sounds a few days ago.

The Color Bars/Twilight show was great. The Twilight had some great new songs to play, including a little number featuring Tony (the sexy motherfucker) on piano-like keyboard. The Color Bars were excellent, even though their lead singer was very tired before the show, and I guess there was something wrong with his eye. They were giving away their CDs for free (the way they put it was "suggested donation $5"), so I got one for the station. Maybe you'll hear them on Cool Chick now.

I don't think I have much else to add.

Today's show is going to be pretty cool because I'm going to play a Black Cabbage song about Inuyasha, and I have a copy of a recently unearthed tape of the Neutral Milk Hotel concert at the Euclid Tavern on July 15, 1996. I can't believe that a band as good as NMH would play that crappy dive. Then again, that was before they released In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

I don't miss the Euclid Tavern at all. That would be like missing the old Grog Shop.

Oh, and I should add that NMH was OPENING at that show. For Butterglory. That's funny. No one remembers Butterglory now.

Oh, yeah. I just remembered that there's bad news about I am the World Trade Center. Amy Dykes, their female vocalist was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. That sucks. I am the WTC really didn't need something like that to happen, especially with the recent demise of Kindercore Records (Dan Geller, the other member of I am the WTC, was one of the founders of Kindercore). Of course, we here at Boogiepop Does Not Smile wish them the best.

Well, on that note, I have to go and finalize my preparations for today's show. Let's see if any new people actually come to the site today.

Maybe I should have a message board if I want people to talk. Oh well.

And don't forget that we have a working computer in main air again, so you can stay at this site and keep hitting reload to see live playlist updates as the show goes on.

Enjoy the show, everyone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?