Thursday, July 08, 2004

 
quick notes

I don't have anything special to say about the show this week. Very few people were listening, of course. The people who did call didn't seem to get the show. Sorry, but I'm not playing Billy Bragg or Mazzy Star, and "I Shot the Devil" (a.k.a. "I Shot Reagan") by Suicidal Tendencies ceased being culturally relevant a week or two ago. Yes, those were all requests that I got. Ugh!

So, you saw that I played Elastica. I dug that CD up and listened to it this past weekend. One of the few good things to be released on a major label. I also listened to Nevermind this past weekend, and I kept listening to "Polly" for some reason. I'm not sure why. The subtle dynamics somehow captured my interest.

Oh, and I played some obvious 4th of July classics.

We got new Wiggins material at the station yesterday. Too late for my show this week, but Jasmine played it. It's very good. The show they're playing tomorrow (Friday) night is going to rock. For those who don't know, the Black Eye, where the show is going to be held, is at 1946 East 71st (in Cleveland). The show starts at midnight. Another band on the Wiggins' label, NTX, is going to be playing. I don't know if there will be anyone else there, or what the order of bands will be.

Harry and the Potters have released their new album, Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock. I haven't gotten it, and I don't know how soon I'll be able to, but there are three new MP3s from the new album on the "for Listening" page. It sounds good! It all seems to be Order of the Phoenix-related. I can't wait for the show!

Finally, the Pancakes have updated their (her) website. Now, there's a page entitled "Favoritos!" with Dejay's favorite things. Check out the letter's "F" and "W" for challenges to your preconceived notions of what is a sitcom. You'll understand what I mean if you look. And look at the cute picture of the new puppy if you haven't already.

That's it for now. Listen for a new Camera Obscura song, new Wiggins material, and lots of promotion for the Twilight/Pants Yell!/Expecting Rain show this coming Wednesday (the 14th) at Pat's in the Flats.

GO TO THAT SHOW ON THE 14TH! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO SEE THE TWILIGHT AND OGLE THAT SEXY MOTHERFUCKER THEY HAVE FOR A LEAD SINGER! YOU KNOW YOU MAY NEVER GET ANOTHER CHANCE TO SEE PANTS YELL! GO THERE! NOW! (or wait until Wednesday night and just get there before 10)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?