Friday, October 22, 2004

 
blah

I've been quite busy lately, so there's been a lack of postage. And record reviewage. If any Mundane Sounds people read this, sorry. I still want to review stuff for y'all.

I hope you had no problem with the crazy things I said on the Sweetest Day show. Let's see if my way of celebrating Sweetest Day catches on, which would dictate that the ironic hipster way of celebrating it will be to celebrate as everyone celebrates it now (by buying candy and cards and such). I hope that made sense to everyone.

I hope you liked the song selection. I'm unhappy with it only because I forgot to play "The Human Hosepipe" by Harry and the Potters. I was trying to fit in a bunch of the best breakup songs of the year, and that was definitely one of them.

Most requests were out of genre for the show. Mostly punk, plus a request for Neil Young. Maybe I would have considered the Neil Young one, but it was getting close to the end of the show. Actually, there was one good punk one, but I didn't get time to play it. I might play it next week.

I didn't play Magnetic Fields because I thought that would be too obvious. I did have Future Bible Heroes pulled, but I ran out of time before I could play it. Of course, there's always a surplus amount of material for the Sweetest Day show (or a pro-love show). I could do another good Sweetest Day show next week if I wanted to.

Next week will be a loose observance of Halloween. Just a couple of Halloween-related songs, plus remixes of music from a certain classic videogame in the background while I talk on the air.

Radiothon, the station's annual fundraiser is in a couple of weeks. It starts November 7th. Donate to your favorite show. If your favorite show is mine, donate to it. Just call in to the special hotline number during the show. Or maybe they'll have it set up online this year, just like they did last year.

On my show for Radiothon, maybe I should offer plain white t-shirts with a "^ ^" drawn on the front of them and see if anyone actually pledges for them. Well, I'd also write "Boogiepop Does Not Smile" on them to give the "^ ^" a little context. Maybe that would sweeten the deal.

Hm... Do Sharpie drawings wash out and/or run when you put them through the laundry?

I wonder if Scruggscorp Radio is going to have a CD. Maybe you should all just donate to that show so you can get the "College Radio Classics" commercial.

I think that's it for now. I hope you'll be tuning in on Monday as usual, you geeky cutie pies!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?