Monday, January 03, 2005

 
plug

I just wanted to tell everyone that there's actually a recording that you can buy with me singing and playing guitar. A compilation of lo-fi/indiepop covers of Smashing Pumpkins songs, entitled The Hiss That We Have Missed, has just been released on Asaurus Records. It has a cover that I did of some b-side from the 1979 single that I did back in 1999. It's credited under my real name. Oh, and I should mention that this thing is on cassette. I don't know why, but it is. It's $5. Click here for details and song samples. The cover of "Said Sadly" sounds really good, and the label told me that the cover of "Pennies" is really cute.

Edit: I should also say that I don't profit from the sale of this cassette. All I get is a free copy and the option to purchase a few at a wholesale price. So, if you were actually thinking of getting it to support me, don't get it just for that reason because I won't get a penny of your money if you buy it. Only get it if you like (or have ever liked) the Smashing Pumpkins and want to hear their music in a new and indie way.

While you're at it, you can also get the CDs by Pants Yell! and the Diskettes. You can also get the Candycore! compilation which is full of pop songs about candy. They're all cheap (no more than $5) and highly recommended.

In other news, I forgot to mention that 99-cent Kiddo show at the Beachland on Saturday (the 8th). I don't think they've played here for a while, so I'm definitely going.

Finally, I'm going to be filling in for Count Lupone again this week. That's Wednesday night/early Thursday from 11 to 2.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?