Monday, February 07, 2005

 
caseism?

I'm still not totally sure what to tell y'all about going to the Spot. I did get a message from our promotions director about it, though:

Here is the deal.

Because the Spot is funded by CWRU tuition fees it technically is closed to
the public. When I was there I did see the security guys just checking
drivers' licenses... but officially it is closed to non-students... do with
that what you will.


You could try and go. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and go there. I bet I'll end up having to pay to park, and it would be a shitty waste of money if they didn't let me in after that.

Anyway, I still don't understand why they can't institute a cover charge for any non-Case students. Would they have to go through too much bureaucratic bullshit and actually get an official Case university-wide policy changed for it to happen?

If anyone tries to go to a show at the Spot and can't get in, tell me and we'll find a way to raise hell about it. The Free Times and/or the Scene might actually give a fuck about it if people can't get in to see the big indie acts that the Spot is getting.

In other news, I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about getting a streaming archive of this show. Bart says he could give me the code to do the archive, but the part that I'm worried about is getting hosting. That's very important, and I don't want to fuck that up because I'll waste a shitload of money if they make me pay in advance and I end up being unsatisfied with it for whatever reason. Like I said before, all that I want to do is have some space where I can dump the MP3s and link them from here. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention that next week will be the Valentine's show, which is the antithesis to the Sweetest Day show. It's our yearly attempt to see how cloyingly mushy one radio show can get before the audience begins to vomit. Any requests?

I think that last week, I said that the V-day show was this week. Whoops!

Interestingly enough, it actually turned out that someone would have been quite happy if I had spent the rest of the show playing Final Fantasy battle themes. I ran into someone else from the station, and he thought that the FF battle medley ruled. But no, I had to play other things because you needed to hear the "Matthew Modine" song. I don't understand how you couldn't think that song fucking rules. Maybe it lost a little bit of its impact because I had to censor it, but it's still a great song and it should now be the main goal of your life to hear the uncensored version.

By the way, the last line of that song is, "Oh Matthew Modine, you give us creamy jeans." Yeah, that part lost its bite when I censored it.

Someone actually wanted to hear the Yo La Tengo version of "Hey Ya", which I actually didn't bring. I thought no one actually cared about hearing that cover.

I think I've run out of things to say for now. Maybe I'll see you at the Jens Lekman in-store at Bent Crayon at 6 p.m. on Wednesday. ^_^

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?