Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 
winter must be cold

If you didn't see the edit to the post before, I have given the MP3 archive an indefinite reprieve.

And you know what? I could keep posting MP3s no matter what happens with the SoundExchange live webstream bullshit, but if that goes through, the stakes are higher if the music industry has a cow about what I'm doing.

Moooooooo...

If you would like more information about how the music industry is trying to shut down our webstream because they hate independent radio, last week's issue of the Free Times had an excellent story about it. You can read that story here. Also, for details about what you can do to help save our stream, you can go to the WCSB website for suggestions about writing your politicians.

As for good news, next week is going to be the non-ironic Valentine's Day show. If you can get away with it, stay home with your significant other and curl up together for the mushiest show of the year! PIKA!!! I've already compiled a big list of songs that I could play (and some of it includes new stuff), so I know it's going to be great. Although, if you do know of any indie/twee pop love songs that I should definitely play, post it in the comments link below.

By the way, if you listened to my show this week, I'd also like you to leave a comment below. Since the phone at the station wasn't working, I have no idea if people were listening. Except for Douglass, who was very kind to air his appreciation for live Asobi Seksu. (By the way, I ended up not playing that Crystals cover they were talking about on Pitchfork yesterday... but I'm sure I'll get to that later.)

And now, here are the links to the show.

2/6/07
Part 1
Part 2

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?