Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 
blame it on toledo!

I have to apologize for the MP3s that I'm about to post. The show is going to be incomplete this week because I forgot to change CDs at the top of the 10:00 hour. The first MP3 ends in the middle of Jens Lekman and the second MP3 ends in the middle of Trembling Blue Stars.

I blame it on going to the Casper and the Cookies/Icicles/Hat Company show in Toledo last night. Maybe that wasn't the best idea, since Casper and the Icicles are both coming to play in Cleveland on May 2nd (with the Afternoon Naps!). But I couldn't wait to see the Icicles! And I had to see the Hat Company.

Anyway, if you listen to the MP3s, you'll still get to hear the awesome Hat Company songs, as well as Camera Obscura's ABBA cover. And a Celtic-style remix (!) of the Blow.

Speaking of the Blow, one part of the show that didn't get recorded was when I announced that their May 21st show at the Grog Shop got cancelled. They were playing a few dates with Electrelane, and Electrelane was headlining. But then Electrelane got picked up to tour with the Arcade Fire. So, instead of just letting the Blow headline or whatever, they cancelled the Cleveland show (along with a few other tour dates). Even though Electrelane is overrated, and the real reason to go to that show was to see the Blow. And Tender Forever (who was also opening). ARGH!

Does anyone know anyone powerful in the Cleveland indie scene who might be able to get the Blow to come and play anyway? Anyone? Help! Please! My dreams are crushed because I wanted to see the Blow at least once before I die.

Anyway, tune in next week. I'll have a ticket giveaway for the Casper and the Cookies/Icicles/Afternoon Naps show at the Beachland on the 2nd.

And now, here's the show:

4/24/07
Part 1 (of 2)
Part 2 (of 2)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?